Introducing the Tukma Malbec Reserva
The Bodega Tukma Malbec Reserva was made with high altitude grapes from our vineyard in the Tolombón Valley, Salta province at 1700 meters above sea level.
The best grapes in the vineyard go through a double selection table and a minimum of 6 months in oak barrels.
Tukma Malbec Reserva is an intense ruby red wine with violet edges.
It is very fruity, typical of the region, with notes of plum, raisins and pepper. The time spent in French oak barrels contributes subtle notes of vanilla and toasted aromas. Voluminous, intense structure, with soft and gentle tannins, balanced and harmonious finish.
A quick history of the Malbec grape
Originally from Bordeaux, in the Cahors area, the Malbec grape arrived from France in the mid-19th century. He quickly found his homeland in our country and developed his own personality.
At the end of the same century, the phylloxera plague that destroyed several vines in the French countryside made the Malbec grape disappear, which meanwhile continued to grow only in our soil. That is why today “Malbec” is synonymous with Argentina.
About Bodega Tukma
Bodega Tukma is located in the Calchaqui Valley of the Northwest of Argentina, near the Ardean skies, high above sea level at altitudes between 1,700 metres to 2,700 metres, in the lands of the ancient wines of unmistakable identity and unique character with a long history dating back to the Diaguitas and talented Incas.
Torrontes, Malbec and Cabernet Sauvignon grapes are cultivated in shallow, stony, little organic soil that deliver exceptional quality grapes of deep colours, tannins, fragrances and intense aromas.
Browse other award winning wines from Bodega TUKMA here.
When we say it is an award winning wine, this is what we meant:
- Mundus Vini Spring Tasting 2019 Silver: Tukma Malbec Reserva 2017
- Tim Atkin (2019) 90 POINTS: Tukma Malbec Reserve 2017
- The Wine Advocate (2018) 90 PARKER POINTS: Tukma Malbec Reserva 2014
- Decanter WWA 2018 COMMENDED: Tukma Malbec Reserve 2013
- Tim Atkin (2018) 89 POINTS: Tukma Malbec Reserve 2016
- Tim Atkin (2016) 89 POINTS: Tukma Malbec Reserve 2013
- The Wine Advocate (2015) 89 PARKER POINTS: Tukma Malbec Reserva 2012
- Sélections Mondiales des Vins Canada (2013) GOLD MEDAL: Tukma Malbec Reserva 2011
- International Wine Challenge (2013) COMMENDMENT: Tukma Malbec Reserva 2011
- The Wine Advocate (2013) 88 PARKER POINTS: Tukma Malbec Reserva 2011
- Jumbo Wine Competition (2012) GOLD MEDAL: Tukma Malbec Reserve 2009
- The Wine Advocate (2010) 91 PARKER POINTS: Tukma Malbec Reserva 2008
- Sélections Mondiales des Vins Canada (2010) GOLD MEDAL: Tukma Malbec Reserva 2008
- The Wine Advocate (2009) 88 PARKER POINTS: Tukma Malbec Reserva 2007